By Pete Warden
If you are a developer trying to complement your personal facts instruments and providers, this concise publication covers the main worthy assets of public information to be had at the present time. you will discover beneficial info on APIs that provide extensive assurance, tie their info to the skin international, and are both available on-line or function downloadable bulk info. you are going to additionally locate code and priceless links.
This advisor organizes APIs by way of the topics they cover—such as web content, humans, or places—so you could speedy find the easiest assets for augmenting the information you deal with on your personal carrier. different types include:
- Website instruments resembling WHOIS, bit.ly, and Compete
- Services that use e-mail addresses as seek phrases, together with Github
- Finding details from only a identify, with APIs akin to WhitePages
- Services, akin to Klout, for finding individuals with fb and Twitter bills
- Search APIs, together with BOSS and Wikipedia
- Geographical info assets, together with SimpleGeo and U.S. Census
- Company info APIs, reminiscent of CrunchBase and ZoomInfo
- APIs that checklist IP addresses, corresponding to MaxMind
- Services that record books, movies, tune, and items
By Christopher Fairbairn, Johannes Fahrenkrug
Objective-C Fundamentals is a hands-on instructional that leads you out of your first line of Objective-C code in the course of the means of construction local apps for the iPhone utilizing the newest model of the SDK. you are going to discover ways to keep away from the most typical pitfalls, whereas exploring the expressive Objective-C language via a number of instance projects.
About the Technology
The iPhone is a cosmopolitan equipment, and getting to know the target c program languageperiod is the most important to unlocking its extraordinary capability as a cellular computing platform. aim C's concise, wealthy syntax and have set, while matched with the iPhone SDK and the robust Xcode surroundings, deals a builders from any heritage a delicate transition into cellular app improvement for the iPhone.
About the Book
Objective-C Fundamentals publications you steadily out of your first line of Objective-C code in the course of the strategy of construction local apps for the iPhone. beginning with bankruptcy one, you are going to dive into iPhone improvement via development an easy online game so you might run instantly. you will use instruments like Xcode four and the debugger to help you develop into a extra effective programmer. via operating via various easy-to-follow examples, you will research useful thoughts and styles you should use to create sturdy and reliable apps. and you will find out easy methods to keep away from the most typical pitfalls.
No iOS or cellular event is needed to profit from this e-book yet familiarity with programming quite often is helpful.
buy of the print e-book comes with a suggestion of a unfastened PDF, ePub, and Kindle publication from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the publication.
- Objective-C from the floor up
- Developing with Xcode 4
- Examples that paintings unmodified on iPhone
Table of Contents
- Building your first iOS application
- Data kinds, variables, and constants
- An advent to objects
- Storing information in collections
- Creating classes
- Extending classes
- Dynamic typing and runtime style information
- Memory management
- Error and exception handling
- Key-Value Coding and NSPredicate
- Reading and writing software data
- Blocks and Grand critical Dispatch
- Debugging techniques
PART 1 GETTING began WITH OBJECTIVE-C
PART 2 construction your personal OBJECTS
PART three MAKING greatest USE OF FRAMEWORK FUNCTIONALITY
By Wallace Jackson
Anybody can commence construction easy apps for the Android platform, and this publication will exhibit you how! lately up-to-date to incorporate Android Jelly Bean, Android Apps for Absolute rookies, moment Edition takes you thru the method of having your first Android apps up and working utilizing undeniable English and functional examples.
This booklet cuts during the fog of jargon and secret that surrounds Android apps improvement, and provides you basic, step by step directions to get you started.
- Teaches Android program improvement in language somebody can comprehend, supplying you with the absolute best commence in Android improvement
- Provides easy, step by step examples that make studying effortless, permitting you to select up the innovations with out fuss
- Offers transparent code descriptions and structure that you should get your apps operating once attainable
This ebook is Android Jelly Bean compliant, yet is backwards suitable to lots of the past Android releases.
Download E-books Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef: Bring Behavior-Driven Development to Infrastructure as Code (2nd Edition) PDF
By Stephen Nelson-Smith
Since Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chef first seemed in mid-2011, infrastructure checking out has started to flourish within the net ops global. during this revised and improved variation, writer Stephen Nelson-Smith brings you brand new in this swiftly evolving self-discipline, together with the philosophy riding it and a growing to be array of instruments. You’ll get a hands-on creation to the Chef framework, and a urged toolchain and workflow for constructing your personal test-driven construction infrastructure.
numerous routines and examples through the ebook assist you achieve adventure with Chef and the full infrastructure-testing surroundings. find out how this test-first technique presents elevated defense, code caliber, and peace of mind.
• discover the underpinning philosophy that infrastructure can and may be taken care of as code
• familiarize yourself with the MASCOT method of test-driven infrastructure
• comprehend the fundamentals of test-driven and behavior-driven improvement for coping with switch
• Dive into Chef basics by means of development an infrastructure with actual examples
• become aware of how Chef works with instruments corresponding to Virtualbox and Vagrant
• Get a deeper realizing of Chef by way of studying Ruby language fundamentals
• study the instruments and workflow essential to behavior unit, integration, and attractiveness exams
By Seth Ladd, Kathy Walrath
Google designed the Dart platform to scale from easy scripts to advanced apps, operating on either the buyer and the server. With this ebook, you’ll learn the way Dart should help architect and increase HTML5 apps for the trendy Web.
* the right way to use Dart gains, from variables to operators to sessions and libraries
* Create, release, and debug internet and command-line apps with the Dart Editor
* Get a journey of Dart libraries, together with dart:core, dart:html, dart:isolate, dart:io, and dart:json
* familiarize yourself with instruments reminiscent of Dartium, the Chromium-based browser that incorporates the Dart digital computer
* Get a walkthrough of Dart Chat, a client-server app within which either the buyer and the server are applied in Dart
By Wei-Meng Lee
A must-have choice of ready-to-use Android recipes!
The acclaim for Google Android units is outwardly unstoppable and the Android four unencumber deals, for the 1st time, a unmarried OS resolution for construction either cell and capsule functions. With that intriguing details in brain, veteran writer Wei-Meng Lee provides you with a hundred certain recipes so that you can observe this day so one can realize options to a couple of the main mostly encountered difficulties that exist in Android programming.
Covering the scope of a number of Android releases up via Android four, this reference encompasses a activity description, by means of the solution(s) to be had, and a standalone undertaking dossier that illustrates using the recipe. Formatting each one recipe to be standalone, Wei-Meng Lee helps you to leap into the proper recipe to discover an answer to precise challenges.
- Identifies and describes a programming job, offers a step by step resolution, and provides a full-code answer prepared for download
- Covers a number of Android releases
- Addresses such issues as person interfaces, telephony and messaging, networking, Google maps, location-based providers, persisting information, leveraging gains, and more
Android program improvement Cookbook is your strategy to discovering...solutions!
By Joan Coy
Create Moodle quizzes to augment studying utilizing functional, hands-on recipes
* examine anything new straight away! a brief, quick, concentrated consultant supplying fast results.
* Create a good categorised query financial institution to supply the basis for quizzes.
* offer vast learner-centred suggestions to reinforce learning.
* Use studies to research learner effects.
Enhancing studying event and bettering pupil good fortune has many teachers trying to find potent instruments. Moodle Quiz is simply any such instrument to help teachers in growing robust overview stories for his or her learners.
"Instant Moodle Quiz Module How-to" is a pragmatic, hands-on consultant that gives you with a few transparent step by step methods, that allows you to assist you make the most of the genuine energy that's in the back of Moodle Quiz, and provides you a very good grounding in utilizing it to accomplish potent review on your courses.
This publication covers how Moodle Quiz module can be utilized to create powerful evaluation FOR and OF studying on your classes. it's going to take you thru a couple of transparent, useful recipes that can assist you harness the ability of Moodle Quiz quick and painlessly.
You will commence by way of studying to establish transparent different types, rigorously designed questions and invaluable suggestions to create the query financial institution that's the origin of Moodle Quiz. after you have configured the quiz and distinct your safety specifications, you could opt for questions by means of hand or randomly. as soon as beginners have accomplished the quiz you could engage one-on-one or learn statistical info for giant teams utilizing the simply generated reports.
Using "Instant Moodle Quiz Module How-to" you'll how to create potent quizzes and the way to supply significant suggestions and review results.
What you are going to research from this book
* growing robust different types and questions for the query bank.
* utilising the numerous diversified query codecs effectively.
* developing fast, significant suggestions for the learner at quite a few degrees within the quiz.
* Configuring and developing the quiz together with your personal tastes in mind.
* Experiencing the quiz from the learners' perspective to realize perception into design.
* analyzing the quiz from the instructor's viewpoint to work out learner performance.
* study the fantastic possibilities for learner-instructor interplay supplied by means of Quiz module.
* growing safer trying out state of affairs utilizing positive aspects in quiz design.
* studying the wealth of analytical and statistical info supplied by way of a number of reviews generated from quiz.
Filled with functional, step by step directions and transparent causes for crucial and important projects. Get the task performed and study as you cross. Step-by step software of the good points of Moodle Quiz presents an outstanding grounding in growing powerful overview FOR and OF learning.
Who this ebook is written for
Filled with useful, step by step directions and transparent causes for crucial and invaluable initiatives. Get the task performed and examine as you pass. when you are doing any form of guide utilizing Moodle as your studying administration procedure, this e-book is for you! powerful evaluation is without doubt one of the keys to powerful guide and winning inexperienced persons. Readers are anticipated to have a simple operating wisdom of Moodle and entry to a direction they're instructing.
Create and customise your individual web site with the concrete5 Beginner's Guide
- Follow the construction of a pattern web site, during the install, configuration, and deployment of a Concrete5 site
- Use subject matters and accessories to create a personalised site
- Ideal creation to utilizing the Concrete5 CMS
- Part of Packt's Beginner's consultant sequence – plenty of sensible examples, screenshots, and not more of the waffle
Concrete5 is a content material administration process for Hypertext Preprocessor builders. it may be used to construct a variety of websites and is especially optimized for developing advertising websites.
The Concrete5 Beginner's advisor will assist you wake up and operating with Concrete5 as quick and painlessly as attainable. Taking you from deploy to deployment, this can be the single reference that you will want for growing your new Concrete5 site
By utilizing a few real-world examples, in addition to taking you thru the organize of a pattern website, this ebook will enable you get to grips with all of Concrete5's positive aspects. Use accessories, subject matters, and blocks to provide your web site the look-and-feel that you simply hope. basic personal home page will assist you to customise the format and navigation recommendations of your website, in addition expand the dashboard providing you with a completely useful, specialist web site in no time.
A step by step consultant to making expert, feature-rich websites with Concrete5
What you'll examine from this book
- Navigate your approach round the toolbar and dashboard for you to edit your site
- Install accessories and topics to make your web site aesthetically pleasing
- Customize the structure of your website to let your clients to discover what they wish quickly
- Use Concrete5 blocks so as to add pictures.
- Extend the dashboard so as to add performance on your blocks
- Deploy your website to the server
This e-book is a part of Packt's Beginner's advisor sequence. you'll be guided during the arrange of a Concrete5 website with step by step sensible examples.
Who this e-book is written for
This publication is perfect for builders who wish to construct their first website with Concrete5. a few wisdom of personal home page, MySQL, or HTML will be worthy, yet you'll likely have little to no event in utilizing Concrete5. This booklet will educate you every thing you want to know!
By Karl Wiegers, Joy Beatty
Now in its 3rd version, this vintage advisor to software program standards engineering has been absolutely up to date with new subject matters, examples, and information. leaders within the standards neighborhood have teamed as much as convey a latest set of practices overlaying the complete diversity of necessities improvement and administration actions on software program projects.
- Describes functional, powerful, field-tested innovations for handling the necessities engineering strategy from finish to end.
- Provides examples demonstrating how requisites "good practices" may end up in fewer switch requests, greater consumer pride, and decrease improvement costs.
- Fully up-to-date with modern examples and lots of new practices and techniques.
- Describes how you can observe powerful specifications practices to agile initiatives and diverse different certain undertaking situations.
- Targeted to company analysts, builders, undertaking managers, and different software program undertaking stakeholders who've a common figuring out of the software program improvement process.
- Shares the insights gleaned from the authors’ huge adventure supplying 1000's of software-requirements education classes, displays, and webinars.
New chapters are incorporated on specifying info standards, writing top of the range useful necessities, and necessities reuse. huge intensity has been further on company specifications, elicitation strategies, and nonfunctional necessities. additionally, new chapters suggest powerful specifications practices for varied designated undertaking events, together with enhancement and substitute, packaged suggestions, outsourced, company strategy automation, analytics and reporting, and embedded and different real-time platforms projects.